Tuesday 5 August 2014

Blogust Day 3- AuGuest #1

Hello!
How are you?

I'm Lizzie from creative blog Head full of flowers and today, thanks to the lovely Charlie, I'll be talking to you about some of my favourite products from my summer makeup bag!

When it comes to summer makeup, I like to stow away my heavy foundations and dark lipsticks in my vanity case and instead opt for products that are lighter, brighter and easier to travel with.



Usually summer time brings about me transitioning from foundations to bb creams and tinted moisturisers, however this year I've fallen for a gorgeous, light weight foundation 'Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Foundation' which still gives me the coverage I desire but allows my skin to breathe. I really love how this foundation contains ingredients that actually help to improve your skin, which makes it perfect for events like festivals, as your skin looks even better by the end of the day. It's also great for layering, making it the perfect quick and easy day-night foundation as you can always pop on another coat, add a little winged liner and you're ready for an evening dining by the beach.



MUA pro base is another must have for my summer makeup bag. It's great for concealing dark circles without caking or slipping; making it great for even the warmest of weather. It's also great for smaller spots and discolouration so on those occasions where the sun catches my cheeks a little, I know I have back up!


If you have ever visited my blog before, you'll know how much I love to DIY when it comes to cosmetics. My translucent loose powder recipe which you can find on my blog is a must for my summer makeup bag, it's light and airy and perfect for stopping my makeup slide in the heat. As a sufferer from oily t-zone syndrome I can honestly say this powder is fantastic for oil control, especially handy considering the weather we've been having recently!


I'm incredibly prone to dry lips all year round and definitely no less in the summer time. Vaseline lip therapy balm is a must for me, my favourite balm being 'rosy lips' as it smells amazing, is incredibly moisturising and still gives me a little colour: perfect for summer!


While I'm usually more of a bronzer gal in summer, I've really been loving MUA's blusher in lolly recently. Lolly is a really sheer matte blush and is perfect for giving me a little extra colour in the cheeks, creating a really soft and natural contour.


Gel liner will always be my first eye makeup love but when it comes to creating natural, summery looks, miners chubby eye pencil is a must have. The pencil is really creamy, easy to apply and great for day-night looks.























While I love playing up the eyes; summer, warm weather and travel aren't always agreeable with big dramatic eyes and bulky palettes. Instead, for 'every day' I like to chuck two shadows into my makeup bag: 17s gold emerald for the daytime to bring out my green eyes and then 17s dark matte black for an easy smokey evening eye.


If I could only use one product ever again, it would have to be mascara. My favourite for summer being MUA's extreme volume mascara in extreme black. If I'm going out but not in the mood for a lot of makeup, a few coats of this will have me ready to go. With long lashes anyway, I love how this mascara gives natural but undeniable volume: drawing all the attention to my eyes and away from that big spot in the middle of my forehead. Or so I like to think!



I like to carry two summery lipsticks with me during the warmer months: MUA's matte lips 'totally nude' which is the perfect every day nude colour and Rimmel kate moss vibrant coral in 110 which is much brighter but if lightly dabbed on, also great for adding a summery pop of colour for every day. Both are incredibly rich and creamy however totally nude leaves a matte finish while vibrant coral leaves you with a sheen finish and is a lot more pigmented. Both lipsticks are also perfect for doubling up for the evening, vibrant coral for a statement lip and totally nude to work perfectly with a smokey eye. They both have fantastic staying power and I don't find that either budges for a good hour or two after application, even if I'm drinking a lot in the warm weather.


And finally, something for the brows! While I often like to use MUAs matte eye shadow palette  in shade 'truffle' for my brows during the summer, Laval dark brown eyebrow pencil is still a firm favourite in my makeup bag, whatever time of year. Unlike many other pencils I've used, laval brow pencil doesn't budge, slip or slide in the heat: it stays put all day long.


And that's all my summer makeup bag favourites!

What are yours?

Thank you so much to Charlie for allowing me to guest post, as a huge fan of her lovely blog here, it has been a real privilege. It has also been a massive privilege to have the chance to talk to you, her wonderful readers, so a big thank you to you also!

If you fancy stopping by my happy little blog and saying hello- please do so! You can find me there at Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk or on twitter, pinterest and instagram @Liz___zie

Have a wonderful day,

Lizzie

1 comment: